Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (79733-11) Description
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. THE RECOMMENDED REPLACEMENT IS Plantronics GameCom 780 Surround Sound Stereo USB Gaming Headset (86051-01).
The Plantronics GameCOM 777 Surround Sound Gaming headset is an open-eared headset with 5.1 Dolby Headphone technology gives you an unparalleled audio advantage that lets you hear your opponents before you see them. Connect with the Dolby® USB sound card for a true 5.1 experience. But if needed, an analog connection is also provided. Stay comfortable with a lightweight frame and specially designed earpods that redistribute pressure. When you're ready to fire off orders, unveil the hidden, noise-canceling mic boom to strategize clearly with team members. Responses coming in? Adjust audio levels using in-line volume and mic-mute controls.
Plantronics GameCOM 777 Features:
- Dolby® USB sound card (included) is the only way to get the virtualized 5.1 experience.
- If needed, an analog connection is also provided.
- Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings.
- Concealed mic boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it.
- Specially designed earpods redistribute pressure for maximum comfort.
- In-line volume and mic-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment.
- Noise-canceling microphone lets you communicate clearly.
- Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore.
- The Gamecom 777 is an analog, stereo headset that uses 3.5 mm plugs. However, it comes packaged with a Dolby USB sound card. The Dolby sound card plugs into the headset and connects it to a computer's USB port. And it virtualizes 5.1 surround sound.
Plantronics GameCOM 777 Specifications:
- Offers both USB and 3.5 mm connections
- USB sound card adapter (included) virtualizes 5.1 channel audio
- 1 year warranty
Included in the package is a USB Surround Sound adapter. On that adapter are two Dolby algorithms, Dolby Pro Logic II and Dolby Headphone. All audio comes into the adapter as 2 channel stereo via USB from the computer. That audio is then passed off to Dolby Pro Logic II. Dolby Pro Logic II takes the Left and Right channel content and using the directional cues that occur naturally in stereo creates a five-channel surround output representing the left, right, center, left surround and right surround channels. This information is then passed off to Dolby Headphone which emulates the 5 channels over a standard 2 channel stereo headset.
Model 79733-01, 7973301, 79733-11, 7973311